Huwebes, Setyembre 29, 2011

3. Long Drive to Banff, Alberta: A True Summer Buzz ♥♥♥

Of all my summer escapades in Canada, going to Banff is the most promising and rewarding adventure I ever had. It is not only a world-class tourist destination but an ultimate place for outdoor adventures.

Going from Calgary to Banff was more or less 2 hours driving. We were on convoy because my sister-in-law's relatives and friends are also with us. I can't help but fix my eyes on the wide road of Calgary. Everywhere I look, the trees and  blue sky keeps fascinating me. I felt like communing with the nature more intensely. All sides seemed very irresistible to my senses especially as I look upon the morning dew and grassy scent I smell. I think what allures visitors more is the sense of thrill while driving to Banff. There are many stop over places to choose from.
This is our way to Canadian Rockies ♥♥♥.   


Our first stop was on Petro Canada & we went to a convenient store to use comfort room ♥♥♥.


Cruzat Family all ready for Canadian Rockies Adventure ♥♥♥


Our next stop is on the road from internal plains of Alberta to the Rocky Mountain Trench of British Columbia. There are numerous mountains that are so nice to take pictures from its faraway peaks and ranges. The Canadian Rockies form American Cordillera that has significant sequence  of mountain ranges from Alaska to South America. Wow! ♥♥♥


A shot of nature inside the car ♥♥♥


Impressive Rocky Mountains ♥♥♥


It is pretty cold here so ready your coats and jacket ♥♥♥

Hands up for such a beautiful view ♥♥♥






After eating our packed meals, we got closer and closer to the much awaited views of Banff. Here are some of its famous landmarks: ♥♥♥ 


Weeeeeee we're almost there ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


Here are some of the finest hotels and inns for travelers. There are also shops to choose from ♥♥♥.


We headed to where the arrows point but after some moments, one of my sister's relatives texted us that we went too far from the parking lot. We returned until we reach the bridge as a landmark. As we finally parked our car and went out, my family roam around and thought we are on a distant and majestic paradise ♥♥♥.



I felt like these are no ordinary mountains as they represent power and silence. It was so nice to see the reflections on clouds in blue. Deep within me, I melt in peace and reverence to the hands of our Maker. The girl on purple jacket is our Baby Kirsten. Playing with her makes me giggle and laugh. She is the smartest and sweetest baby I met. 


This is it !!!! ♥♥♥


The other side of Gondola. We are about to ride on cable cars so we stopped by on Starbucks to take some cool shots ♥♥♥.

Here are some memorabilias and souvenirs we bring during our Gondola ride. We have Gondola lift tickets which costs $29.95 for a round trip to adults.

Four faces exploring the Canadian Rockies ♥♥♥


I can still remember the nervousness I felt that time. Yes, I have fear of heights but somehow I  took a leap of faith and braveness. It also helped that my loving parents are with me. Believe it or not, all my fears shattered the moment I saw the promising land of Canada. This is a great mountaintop experience I surely won't forget! The views are increasingly spectacular as we journey the 698m (2,292 ft) climb to an elevation of 2,281m (7,486 ft) at the departure point - the Summit Upper Terminal


While on top, here are some of the prime views of our Gondola lift adventure ♥♥♥.

From here, you can see a perfect display of the surrounding mountains and townsite while on a fully enclosed four passenger Gondola cabin. We all witnessed the breathtaking views in every direction. 



In Banff, you can also do boardwalk along the summit ridge that leads to the Cosmic Ray Station National Historic Site of Canada and the Sanson's Peak Meteorological Station. Isn't it amazing? There has been notable stories of the area and early explorers are as impressive as the spectacular views! ♥♥♥

In addition, some adventurous hikers would like to try the South East Ridge Trail. Who says that Banff Gondola is just for summer seasons? It can also be a remarkable route in winter. You can see the snow covered peaks and vistas plus an avenue for complimentary skating with family and loved ones. You can dine at Alpine Lights every Saturday evenings. You might also bring along your dogs because Banff Gondola is a dog-friendly environment ♥♥♥.













So we are finally here at Summit Upper terminal, our Departure point. Glory to God! Our next venture would be walking on wooden stairs here at Sulphur Mountain. But the real summit just begin because travelers  need to pass the 1 km boardwalk at Sanson's Peak. It is described as a scenic hiking which is very popular to all travelers. Historically, it mimics the footsteps of Norman Sanson way back his 1903 Stone Observatory. 




An interpretative boardwalk at Sanson's Peak ♥♥♥.







Face to face with Mamsi ♥♥♥










I, meddling with these two lovely birds ♥♥♥.



Some texts and illustrations about Cosmic Rays ♥♥♥





I, and Kuya Leandro gave Lay's potato chip for the charming squirrel to eat ♥♥♥. We saw a number of squirrels here at Sulphur mountains and I loved their colors. I think they are pretty friendly.



I am trying to feed the squirrel while my sister also gave me some chips. Lols ♥♥♥. At least we don't have something like crasher squirrels that became viral in the internet. The next pictures will show the different angles of the historical Sanson's peak. The picture on the left is the Stone Meteorological Hut that Norman Sanson (1862-1949) administered for 30 years.






  Let's have a closer look inside this weather station.



This is the summit of our dreams ♥♥♥.

After a long and thrilling adventures at the Sulphur Mountains, we went down to where we all started. Here is  our Gondola picture at the station ♥♥♥.




We pose all the way to this Cool Canadian Ice Bus ♥♥♥. We truly savored every loving moments together. ♥♥♥


This is one of the most heart-pounding adventures we had in Alberta. I enjoyed every hiking, wildlife spotting, and scenic flight on this incredible part of the world. Everything started with a dream and it was God who made things possible for us who believed. ♥♥♥














                       







                                                                              
                   











0 comments:

Mag-post ng isang Komento