Huwebes, Setyembre 29, 2011

2. It's grocery time at Calgary Superstore ♥♥♥

After a long sleep due to previous jet lag, my family headed to Calgary Superstore to buy some groceries for the week. This is the big difference in Western countries because bulky items are bought to be budgeted for a week or month. As we approach the entrance of this Superstore, I can feel the cold breeze on my skin and I loved it.


My super tatay pushing a big cart ♥♥♥

At first, we went to fruits and vegetable section. I think if apples are found best in the US, cherries are absolutely best in Canada. I have never tasted such fresh and delicious cherry until I went to Calgary. They have big plantations wherein it is free to pick fresh and ripe cherries. Unfortunately, we were not able to visit the farm because it is an 8 hour driving on roads. Besides the taste, what we also love is the low price of cherries. One pack is only 1.96 Canadian dollar and you can enjoy cherries delight. This is one thing I missed eating every after meals.

It's true that vegetables in Western countries are a lot bigger than ours. Usually, it is already imported from countries like US and Mexico as part of their market agreement. They are bought in kilograms and a plastic bag is almost beside every section. Even sizes of vegetables are segregated just like in the case of tomatoes. I remembered the cashier separated the tomatoes we bought because we mix all sizes ion one bag. Lols ♥♥♥ Honestly speaking, prices here at Superstore can really be trusted by consumers. For the entire month, we went here several times because of affordable prices of goods and its near location to our apartment.


Green and red apples ♥♥♥




Our next stop was on the bread and pastries section. Breads are best for breakfast so we looked everywhere to try different packs. We ended up still buying freshly baked tasty as we call it in the Philippines and also tried these big doughnuts. Actually, it was my idea and I didn't regret buying them. They are oh so yummy especially when served still hot with 3-in-1 coffee !  ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
We also passed through these nuts and seeds section. I think this my favorite counter/section because they have all kinds of nuts and it is hard to decide. To buy them, some sort of serial number is written in a paper tied on the plastic bag. My family ended up buying hazel nuts, cashew nuts, peanuts, and rounded chocolates with honey and nuts. 


It was fun doing groceries because my family is complete. We picked goods together and shared meals for our entire vacation. I am blessed to live in a sweet family - a place like no home ♥♥♥.






0 comments:

Mag-post ng isang Komento